LOSLATEN… is hét werkwoord en helpt om verder te gaan. We hebben gewoon geen tijd te verliezen over iets dat 10, 20, 30 jaar geleden is voorgevallen. Het vreet energie en lost uiteindelijk niets (meer) op. De enige die je raakt ben jezelf.
LOSLATEN betekent niet dat iemand of iets je niets meer kan schelen. Het betekent alleen dat het tijd is om een dikke streep onder en door bepaalde zaken uit het verleden te trekken en verder te gaan.
Blijven hangen en oude koeien uit de stinkende gracht vissen, heeft zelden iemand vooruit geholpen. Integendeel, verbittering en frustratie loeren om de hoek.
Hieronder 28 hele mooie en inspirerende quotes over LOSLATEN … en verder gaan met je leven.
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
- “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Havelock Ellis
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
- “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
- “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
- “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” – Mandy Hale
- “Pain will leave you, when you let go.” – Jeremy Aldana
- “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
- “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
- “When we give ourselves the chance to let go of all our tension, the body’s natural capacity to heal itself can begin to work.” – Nhat Hanh
- “When you’re passionate about something, you want it to be all it can be. But in the endgame of life, I fundamentally believe the key to happiness is letting go of that idea of perfection.” – Debra Messing
- “One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.” – Michael Cibenko
- “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.” – Ashley Rickards
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
- “You cannot let go of anything if you cannot notice that you are holding it. Admit your ‘weaknesses’ and watch them morph into your greatest strengths.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Every breath is an opportunity to receive and let go. I receive love and I let go of pain.” – Brenda MacIntyre
- “A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.” – Anthony Liccione
- “If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.” – Ann Landers
- “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something.” – H. Jackson Brown
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
- “Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood.” – Karen Casey
- “Loving someone is setting them free, letting them go.” – Kate Winslet
- “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
Free photo: by Amy Shamblen @ Unsplash